Saturday, January 23, 2010

cards.

i have found that every year when i go back to school - for many different reasons - i don't get a chance to create any cards. it annoys me because then by the time i am done with my semester i have pretty much gotten out of my card making routine and then forget about making cards for a few months. well this year i decided to bring more of my scrap booking supplies with me to school in order to keep my brain in card-creative mode (because obviously when i am at school i am constantly working on design projects, but it is definitely a different kind of design). so i am hoping to start something new on my blog: i am going to try and post a new card design every week!

i am really hoping that i will be able to keep up with it this semester. i actually have a very hectic schedule this semester...so closer to graduation i probably won't have as much time to do this. i have recently been starting to submit my card designs to different card magazines and i think that will help me to keep designing! here is my first card for this week:
i found a couple new stamp sets from papertrey ink (say it with style - which i absolutely love! and polka dot basics) so i wanted to experiment with them in this card...and i most likely will be using these a lot in the next few weeks. there are so many different things that you can do with them! but the polka dots just come in a couple strips, so you have to stamp them over and over to make a pattern and it actually came out nicely...i was concerned they would be crooked or unevenly spaced! hope everyone has a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment